Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Walrus

Pages: [1] 2
Hey Connor, Gaia,

Just a quick response as to the reasoning behind my method.  When I first began FP, I followed Kevin's blog exactly:  light-pulling, limited amount per day, using the mask/retainer, etc..  No results

My method I developed from experience:  it gave me results.  That is all.

With face-pulling, I believe no new bone is being developed (in contrary to Kevin's blog).  It is more similar to NCR it that it reconfigures the skull.  It moves the bone you have, it doesn't build new bone.  This means the only limit is how much your body can take at a time.

An example of a process that builds new bone is palate expansion.  This is why it needs to be done at a controlled rate, or teeth will simply tip.

@Gaia:  Yes, I've definitely achieved maximum results.  Ben's cranial problems were more severe that mine, which is largely why his process took longer.  My problems were with my maxilla being too far back (which face-pulling corrected) and my dental arches being much too small because of extractions (which I will need to correct with ALF).  NCR cannot fix these problems, although it makes fixing them easier by loosening the sutures in the skull.

@Jay:  100% positive.  I agree, it is hard to tell from Tyler's pictures, and no, sorry, I'm not comfortable posting pictures of myself.  You will have to try for yourself.  However, if you are looking to change your profile, it is palate expansion you are looking for.  Your mandible position is largely determined by your bite (dental arches).  For example, because of extractions my dental arches are much too small, which forces my mandible to sit way too far back.  NCR and FP cannot fix this.

Hey everyone,

In the hope that this is interesting to some, I'm going to review what my experiences with cranial restructuring have taught me.

Before I get started though:


The first thing to understand is that every one has a certain genetic potential as to how their bone structure is meant to be.  What determines whether you achieve this is breathing habits during your developmental years (childhood).  One is supposed to breath through their nose, with their tongue on the roof of the mouth.  It is the tongue which shapes the palate/dental arches.  The tongue is nature's natural face-pulling and palate expansion device.

The second thing to understand is that this genetic potential can still be achieved at any point in life.  NCR, FP, and palate expansion are the tools required to achieve this.

Here's my opinion on how these individual methods work:

NCR:  By gently nudging the sphenoid bone located at the top-back of the throat directly behind the nose, the sutures in the skull are loosened.  The benefits of this are twofold:  1.  The cranial bones can now settle into their optimal positions, and 2.  Loosening the cranial sutures greatly enhance the achievable results from FP and palate expansion.

After 2-3 months of doing NCR everyday, I stopped seeing results (the best indicator of results is the skull feeling sensitive in areas where movement occured).  My skull had reached its optimal configuration.  Genetic potential acheived!

FP:  This is by far the simplest technique, but extremely effective.  All you are doing with face-pulling is moving everything forward out of your airway.  No new bone is being built.  This means there is no limit on how much face-pulling you can do at once. 

When you're face-pulling your skull should ache.  Not serious pain, but discomfort. 

Once I realized this I did a lot of face-pulling over the course of a few days.  I experienced significant results.  Up to that point I had face-pulled only a few minutes each day and stopped when things really started aching.  I didn't realize the aching was the sign of things moving!  During the course of those few days, eventually the aching stopped:  My face was as far forward as it was meant to be.  I no longer FP because I no longer see results.  Genetic potential acheived!

Edit:  After writing this I decided to try FP again for the first time in several weeks.  I found I am actually still seeing results, just not as significant as before.  Therefore I am going to start up FP again!  I will update this thread with my progress.

The most amazing thing about FP:  I believe maximum results can be achieved in a very short period of time, maybe even a single session.  However since I have maximized my results I have no way of testing this theory!  Please exhibit caution if you attempt FP!  Don't hurt yourself.

Changes you will notice:  Slightly stronger bone structure.  Better symmetry.  Better breathing.  The most tangible result I found was that your singing voice will improve.  Try singing after FP and your voice will be a bit "off", but then will adjust and be better than before.

A note on my FP technique:  I used a mouthguard/shoelace device.  I wore gardening gloves for better grip and to protect my hands.  I would wrap the laces around my fingers and get them right up to the mouthguard.  I pulled using in a fast pulsating manner rather than using a continuous force.  I found this more effective and much less tiring on the arms.

Palate expansion:  This is something I am currently looking into.  I had bicuspid extractions as a child so my dental arches are way too small.  This has given me many problems, such as scoliosis, TMJ (my mandible is crammed way back), breathing problems, etc..  Of course all of this is very detrimental to one's looks.

I have found an amazing orthodontist who specializes in ALF orthodontics (If one is interested in palate expansion, I would recommend ALF).  The only problem is cost and time (this could take over $25,000 over 3 years).  The program would involve using ALF to expand the dental arches, followed by damon braces to create proper gaps in the teeth, then implants/bridges.

This is something I am going to do eventually, but it is not feasible for me right now. 

Finally, I modified my face-pulling device to make it stay in the mouth better.  There are a total of six holes.  Here is a picture:

Feel free to provide questions or comments!

Cranial Restructuring / Re: Walrus' Self-NCR Diary
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:31:32 pm »
Just thought I should make a final update.

My treatments continue to go well, and I plan on continuing NCR for life.  I usually treat most days and experience no PT symptoms.  Progress has become very gradual but is still consistent.  Treating takes so little time and effort it has quite simply become habit (like brushing my teeth).

I now combine my treatments with face-pulling, which I also plan to continue for life.  See the "Face Pulling Experiences" threads to find my method.

Best of luck to all those attempting self-NCR!  I hope this diary can help you overcome the initial discomfort that accompanies treatment.

Hey guys, just a quick update on my progress.

I'm still using the mouthguard as shown before and results continue to be great.  My routine usually consists of a few short sessions each day.  I pull pretty hard, and after maybe 10-30 seconds my jaw/head starts getting sore/aches (no acute pain or anything though!).  I then stop and rest for a bit.  Then I repeat, maybe 3-5 times.  It all comes down to how I feel.  Once I can't pull at all without ache I stop.  Results are immediate.  I often look slightly different after treatment.  I never experience any post-treatment symptoms whatsoever.

Some interesting changes:  My mandible now sits differently; my tongue fits better within my teeth and my TMJ is much better; my voice improves slightly after each treatment; better breathing.   

Also, the method I use to pull involves wrapping the lace around my first two fingers, with my thumbs on the bottom of the lace.  So basically I am making fists with my thumbs pointing towards myself.  It's pretty intuitive.  My hands were also getting a bit torn up, so I bought some cheap gardening gloves.  The grip with these makes the process even easier.

@Jay:  It's just a single mouthguard for the top teeth as shown in the picture.  Probably the most simple mouthguard you can buy.  You shouldn't be pulling on your bottom teeth.  Your mandible should naturally come forward as your maxilla advances.

@MM:  You can probably buy one at most sporting department stores, or anyplace that sells hockey gear.

EDIT:  ***PLEASE SEE THE THREAD "What I've Learnt (So Far) About Cranial Restructuring" FOR MY UPDATE ON FP AND CRANIAL RESTRUCTURING***

I've been having great success with face-pulling the last few days and would like to share my method.

Please note that I've only been using this method for a few days, so things may be subject to change ie.  I hope I'm not jumping the gun here. 

I am not following the conventional method with the retainer and hockey mask.  Instead I am using a mouthguard with a shoelace attached (sorry for the terrible picture!):

It cost less that $5 for materials.

Holes are punched (I used a kitchen knife) near the eye-teeth and by the back-molars (these holes I made along the "crease" ie. where the mouthguard goes from horizontal to vertical as this is the sturdiest part of the mouthguard.  I use a single shoelace which goes along the back as it creates a sturdier structure.

To use, I simply put it in my mouth, hold it in place gently with my tongue (tongue is above the lace at the back), and pull on the laces with my hands.

I have found pulling hard on the laces works best for me.  If I can't feel anything in my skull then I am not pulling hard enough.  I also prefer to pull more frequently but for shorter durations.

Results so far (sorry, no pictures) are similar to Tyler's ie. stronger brow, more prominent cheekbones, stronger chin, more horizontal and defined jawline.  I am amazed at the results I have achieved in so short a period of time.

IMO, NCR and FP achieve very different results.  NCR is improving my skull shape, symmetry, taller forehead, and other more subtle changes.  FP simply pulls the maxilla forward.  However, this creates drastic changes in the face.  If done successfully, I believe FP can rapidly improve looks and function. 

I am very grateful to have discovered both these techniques!

So if anyone is interested in attempting FP but doesn't have a retainer or hockey helmet, give this method a try.  It is so easy and there is almost nothing to lose (except a few dollars)!   

Hmm.  I'm sorry to hear you're having such difficulty Tyler.

I'm currently using large finger cots which I buy at London Drugs (I live in Canada)  by Pharmasystems (24 per box 8 s/m/l).  However, I initially had trouble getting the balloon through my turbinates, so maybe I have large nasal turbinates?  I'm an average sized guy at 5'11'' though.

Didn't CP (from also have similar problems with the balloon inflating into his throat?  Maybe try to contact him?

If you keep having problems, maybe it would be worthwhile to visit an NCR practitioner, just to get the ball rolling.  I know having to pay so much money sucks though.

Also, IME, when I first started it was very obvious for me that something had happened.  There was no doubt in my mind and I felt no need to convince myself.  This is in opposition to my previous FP attempts, in which nothing was really happening but I kind of convinced myself that it was. 

My point here is that IMO results are the best indicator of success.  If you're not sure if anything happened, then there's a good chance nothing happened.

Tyler, your FP results are astounding!

In examining your method to determine how you were achieving this, I realized the only (IMO) significant difference was that you were pulling from your back molars whereas I was pulling from my eye-teeth.

Now, I have been using a mouthguard with shoelaces instead of the retainer and helmet.  My belief though is that although both of these devices are obviously very physically different, they should perform the same task ie. applying a light forward force on the maxilla.

So the other night I moved the shoelaces to the back molars and tried FP. 

Success!  I actually felt slight soreness in my cheekbones and eye area.  Chills too.  And after treatment, as I lay in bed, I felt warmth rushing through me.  I also felt extremely energetic and happy.  I had not previously experienced anything like this in all my FP attempts.

I've only been doing this a couple days, so I need more time to accurately determine if it is working.  I am hopeful now though that I can achieve results like Tyler!

Finally a couple question for Tyler:  Have you treatment more than once a day at all?  I initially found myself craving treatment, much like I did with NCR.  I indulged this craving yesterday though, treating several times, so the feeling has much subsided today.  I was planning on indulging until I gained an aversion to treatment (like I did with NCR).  I know the orgoneproducts guys have strongly urged against over-treatment though, so I am a little apprehensive.  I do believe though that over-treatment requires excessive treatment over an extended period of time, whereas I feel my aggressive initial treatment will eventually settle into something gentler and more consistent.  I believe over-treatment requires not listening to one's body as to whether things are improving or not.  I think it requires a conscious mind's impatience ignoring what the body is saying.  Anyways Tyler, do you have any experience of thoughts on this matter?

Did you experience soreness beyond the first few treatments Tyler?  Or did things eventually "settle down" as your body became accustomed to treatment?  Can you describe any symptoms you experience during and after treatment?


Cranial Restructuring / Re: Walrus' Self-NCR Diary
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:05:31 am »
Your posts have inspired me as well Tyler.  I always find your writing to be very honest and insightful, and I am grateful for all your posts.  Keep 'em coming!

I know what you mean by the white noise of suffering.  I too have been dealing with this for a long time.  It is in the last few years I began to question my life, what I have become, how I became this way, and how I want to be.  I became aware that I had a serious problem at the most fundamental level.  This of course is my defective skull.  And once I became aware of this "noise", it was no longer possible to ignore.  It was now in the forefront of my existence and left me no choice but to try and fix it.

I believe your emotional reaction was due to a realization of how much this treatment can help you.  Before I began NCR, I would sometimes imagine myself with my skull as it was meant to be (as it was when I was a child, before orthodontics) and feel so eased.  My depression would disappear.  Just from thoughts.   It made me realize how badly I wanted to fix my reality.

I have a similar reaction too when I look at photographs of myself from my childhood, when I was still healthy.  I can remember how I felt back then.  I know it sounds cliche, but I can remember a time when I was happy.  Proud.  When life was a joy.  It was taken from me, and my only goal to get it back.  Nothing else matters, except to feel happy again.  I feel we share a common goal, and I hope we can continue to help each other.

It is okay to be afraid of treatment.  I was too.  I thought maybe I was going to break something inside my head.  After all, it's a weird thing to stick a balloon up your nose and inflate it!  The key is to take it slow.  Don't do anything you are uncomfortable with.  Push yourself, but push gently.  Positive results will gradually build your confidence.

My experience with breathing was like yours.  Initially I would try holding my breath, but would sometimes still end up gagging.  And gagging isn't good of course, and may make you averse to treatment.

I have found expanding until I hear the "cracking" is what works for me.  This occurs before the balloon reaches my throat and gags me.  For a while I was trying to inflate to the maximum (ie. until gagging), but this was hard as my body didn't want me to gag it.  I also started popping large finger cots, which while not harmful is still not a pleasant experience.  I also found no additional benefits to expanding beyond the "cracking".

And yes, avoiding gagging has gotten easier as treatment progresses.  I don't really hold my breath anymore.  I find during treatment my mouth is open and I breath through my mouth, as if I had my nose plugged (which I do, I guess).  This is nothing conscious, it is just what comes naturally during treatment.

After reading your questions I actually went and treated, to pay extra attention to what I was doing so I could explain it to you.  I found I cannot really seem to make myself gag anymore.  I am more worried about popping the balloon than I am about gagging!  The balloon goes through my turbinate now much easier than in the beginning.  Basically I just pick a turbinate, stick the balloon in, inflate gently until it squeezes through the turbinate, then give it a few good pumps until my ears pop (then usually don't pop simultaneously).  Then I may inflate a few more times to see if there is anymore cracking (usually there isn't and these extra pumps don't accomplish anything).  Then I deflate and repeat usually ~4 times.  Then I move to the opposite turbinate and repeat.  I usually treat all turbinates, unless my body tells me to stop (this had happened a few times after a lot of cracking.  Things feel a bit too sensitive). 

During this particular treatment, I started top right.  Next came top left, middle right, middle left.  When I got to bottom right, I experienced significant cracking in my right ear.  "Cracking" actually feels like the wrong word.  It feels like shifting.  Like tectonic plates shifting.  It's a bit shocking when it happens, and makes you feel a bit sensitive.  It's also sometimes higher pitched, like squeaking.  Anyways, after a few inflation's it stopped.  Finally I treated the bottom left, but things were now feeling a bit sensitive, so I just did a few inflation's to end treatment.

Post-treatment I always feel fine now.  Maybe a bit of fatigue later in the day.  If I touch my skull (like run my hands through my hair) things feel a bit sensitive, but that's it.  This is why I have been somewhat aggressive with multiple treatments in a day.  If I feel like it later today, I will treat again.

A couple more things.  I find exercising before treatments helps prepare or "loosen up" the body.  Today I worked out before-hand, and feel it helped.  I think anything that raises your heart rate should work though.  This isn't a necessity of course, but may help increase results.

Also, in my posts I have described feeling "sensations" in limbs and extremities etc. (arms, legs, feet and hands mostly).  The feeling is like an insect crawling on you.  It only lasts an instant.  I have experienced this during and post treatment.  Just something to look for.

And finally, remember that my experiences with NCR may be completely different from yours.  Everything I have just said is true for me, but may not be true for you.  You're going to have to figure this out for yourself.  Experience is the only true teacher.

Best of luck Tyler!

Cranial Restructuring / Re: Walrus' Self-NCR Diary
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
During session 3, I started becoming quite comfortable with the treatment.  So instead of following a schedule for treatment, I decided to simply treat as my body dictated.

This means I treated a lot in the past couple weeks.  Sometimes up to several times per day.  I was also treating each turbinate during each session.  At the most, I was probably performing 5-6 treatments per day.  For a while I was craving treatments.  I was also experiencing practically no post-treatment symptoms except for brief and mild sensations in extremities, and a feeling of sensitivity.

Changes I have noticed since beginning treatment:  The first change was an improvement in symmetry as I described before.  Next I notices my forehead looking taller and the back of my head looking flatter.  Now it seems my maxilla is beginning to come forward.  Also, I believe I may have grown bigger and stronger, based on comments from friends (I have not measured myself though).  Also I'm under the impression my throat cavity has increased in size as I am now capable of inflating the balloon more (I have managed to pop a few large balloons).  However, I have found that inflating until gagging is not necessary.  I have found inflating until hearing the "cracking" or "popping" in the ears is optimal.  Inflating until gagging also causes me to go through a lot of balloons.

I have also found times when treating a certain turbinate produces significantly more "cracking", which is higher pitched and longer lasting.  Almost like squeaking.  It is possible that this could be just pressure in my ear, but then I am not sure why it occurs seemingly randomly.

For the last couple days I have been taking a break, as I developed an aversion to treatment.  I will probably continue treatments tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply MM!  I actually haven't been documenting via photographs as I don't have a decent camera, so there's a good chance I won't ever post pictures.  Sorry to disappoint!

Cranial Restructuring / Re: Walrus' Self-NCR Diary
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
Session 3 Mon, Apr 29, 2013.

I took a 3 day break after Session 2.  I knew the break was necessary as I was developing an aversion to treatment.  This is in contrast to some days where I am eager for treatment.  Days like today!

D1:  I treated the entire left side in the early afternoon.  Treatment was easy.  I am getting much more comfortable with this.  I treated each turbinate at least 4 times.  I stop as soon as there is aversion (ie. I hesitate) before inflation.  This is a subconscious reaction, but is also easy to determine consciously.  Just ask yourself "do I want to treat again?".  If the answer isn't an immediate "yes" and more like a "uhhh... I dunno", then I know I'm done.  If I get to the point where the answer is a resounding "NO!" then I have over-treated and risk harming myself.

No PT symptoms.  A little fatigue a couple hours later, so a lay down for a bit.

In the early evening, I had the urge to treat again, so I did.  The entire right side this time.  Again, treatment was easy.  I was less eager than earlier though, and treated a little gentler.  4 treatments on the upper and middle.  After 2 treatments on the bottom I felt I was done. 

Mild symptoms after the second treatment in the form of light body soreness.  It's hard to describe, as there are no specific or chronic sensations... I just kind of feel like things are changing... my body feels a bit sensitive is the best way to describe it.  I didn't feel this way after treating only the left side.

I finished treatment just about an hour ago, and I feel good.  At the moment, I like the idea of treating all turbinates in a day, and will continue with this procedure until my body tells me to rest.  I'm not sure if I'll do them all at once, or treat the left and right sides at different times.

I have to say, I feel good right now from todays double treatment.  Very "balanced" and "open".  The best I have felt since beginning treatment.

Holy smokes Tyler!  Your transformation is amazing - you look like a completely different person.

You look like a model in the second picture!

Are you wearing a neutral expression in both pictures?  I see exactly what you mean when you describe your change in expression.  I don't mean any offense, but I do see the slightly "dopey" look you described in the before picture.  Like you are a little "spaced-out".  This is replaced by a much more intense, dominant look in the after picture (I mean this in a good way!).  I think this is primarily caused by the change in you brow-line as you mentioned, but I could be wrong, as all your features seem to fit the mask better in the after picture. 

Anyways, congrats on your progress and I hope it continues!  Your results are inspiring!

Having gotten into the habit of capturing my progress in a series of images over the span of the past 40 days, I must say that one of my favourite aspects of face-pulling being repeatedly impressed by my own attractiveness. Each time I observe a change, I say, "Wow! I have never looked so handsome before!" and then, 2-3 days later when I capture another image, I say, "Wow!" again, and proceed to gawk in amazement at the "old me", which now looks sickly in comparison.

It's not a bad way to stay positive, hehehe...  ;D

Hey now, maybe I should take back the compliments I just gave you...  I don't want you to get too vain! ;)

Just kidding of course, you have every right to be proud of yourself.  ;D

I am in the same boat as you.  Since starting NCR, my emotional reaction to my reflection has improved considerably and takes me by surprise sometimes.  All because my cranial structure is improving.  It really is a remarkable experience.

Here's my face pulling experience so far.

At first I tried using my retainer with a hockey helmet.  However, I found this cumbersome, so I got rid of the helmet and instead just pulled on the elastics with my hands.  I found I could apply more force, as well as direct it better.  It felt better too, which is the best indicator of whether things are doing good.

Unfortunately though, I must have pulled a little too hard, because during a session my retainer exploded. 

Eventually I am planning on pursuing ALF orthodontic treatment, so instead of wasting money on a new retainer, I decided to just find a temporary solution.

I bought a simple moldable mouthguard (about $3), molded it, punched a couple holes where the clips should have been and attached shoe laces instead of rubber bands.  I just pull on the shoe laces with my hands. 

To my surprise, using the mouthguard felt even better than using the retainer as I was before (I prefer the shoelaces to the elastics).  The downside with the mouthguard is that I have to bite down to keep it in my mouth.  All in all, this temporary solution has served me well so far.

In general, the feeling I get from face-pulling is one of relief and calm.  It relaxes me and I zone out.  If I pull too hard, this feeling goes though.  Also true if I pull more than about 30 minutes.

My results have not been anything spectacular.  However, since I began NCR last week, the face-pulling treatment feels more powerful.  Maybe the NCR is loosening things up? 

I have some experience with fasting.

IMO, longer-term fasting (consecutive days) is difficult, but also highly effective at cleansing the body, eliminating food and other minor addictions, balancing hormonal and metabolism function, as well as shedding excess body mass.  There is also the spiritual aspect of being free of all things materialistic, as Tyler described.  However, too much fasting can weaken and damage the body, especially in the form of muscle loss.  Not to mention how it can make it difficult to function at work, school, etc.  I believe long term fasting can also be difficult on body organs.  IMO, long-term fasts should only be done occasionally (perhaps every few months), and even then for no more than a few days.

Short term (intermittent) fasting (IF) I have found to be very beneficial.  My protocol is to fast until early evening (4-6 pm), exercise (usually weight lifting), then, when hunger occurs (usually an hour or so after exercise), eat as much real food as I'd like over a few hours.  This amounts to a daily fast of 16-20 hours.  I don't exercise everyday, in which case I merely break the fast around 4-6 pm.  This doesn't have to be done everyday, and there is no rigid eating schedule that needs to be followed.

In this manner, you still get the benefits of fasting without depriving your body.  This can also get you in tremendous physical shape (while in the fast you burn body fat, whereas eating after lifting builds muscle - see "Leangains").

Eating real food is also very important (Paleo is, IMO, the best diet).  Fasting can be tremendously helpful as a bridge to a healthier lifestyle.  As Tyler described, the benefits of fasting can be quickly lost if one falls back into bad habits.

Cranial Restructuring / Walrus' Self-NCR Diary
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »
Hey everyone,

Recently I started self-NCR treatment and think it is worthwhile to document my experiences in order to both learn and educate!  I hope someone may find this useful.  If you have any advice or guidance to offer me, I'd greatly appreciate it (I posted my questions at the bottom)!

The protocol I am following was describediny an email written by Ben, which another forum member forwarded to me.

Session 1  Began Tues, April 16, 2013

4 consecutive days:  Day 1 (D1): upper and lower left turbinates (UL/L).  Day 2 (D2): upper and lower right turbinates (UL/R).   D3=D1.  D4=D2. 
1 finger cot. 
Treat each turbinate 3-4 times each day.

D1 involved becoming comfortable with sticking a balloon up my nose.  At some point, the balloon inflated into my throat, gagging me.  Then it popped.  After that, I decided I'd had enough for the day.  Side effects of this day were soreness behind my nose on the left side.  Probably from stretching the turbinates.

D2. I had a frustrating time getting the balloon out of the turbinates and into my throat.  For some reason I find this more difficult on the right side.  Expanding the balloon in the turbinates is painful, and caused me to tear up.  I found trying switching turbinates helps, as well as changing balloons.  Eventually I got to the open space though.  I found 3 pumps of the bulb worked.  4 pumps and I would start to gag.  I also felt popping in my ears after 3 pumps.  This was a similar sensation to when flying on an airplane.  Side effects again were soreness behind my nose, this time on the right side though.  I also developed flu-like symptoms, mainly stuffiness.

I noticed improvement in facial symmetry after this day, which amazed me.  Also, I believe my wonky feet (I have duck feet, especially on the right side) straightened out somewhat.

D3, D4.  The flu-like symptoms had subsided, so I proceeded with treatment.  I don't remember specific incidences from these days, so they must have been relatively unremarkable.  I would inflate until my ears popped, and then would deflate.  A couple more balloons popped, so I switched from size medium cots to large.

2 day break.

Other effects from session 1:  Tiredness.  I would often need to lie down after treatment.  Feelings of calmness and focus.  Temporary sensation in random body parts (arms, hands, legs).

Learning to attach the finger cot well was frustrating.  Very important though.     

Session 2  Began Mon, April 22, 2013

I am still just becoming comfortable with the treatment.  It's a little unsettling to inflate a balloon (finger cot) inside your head!

4 consecutive days.
1 finger cot. 
Treat each turbinate 3-4 times each day.
I began treating the middle turbinate as well.

D1:UML/L.  No new and remarkable sensations.  Again, inflation until my ears popped.  3 pumps was no longer working, likely because of a new balloon and it being attached differently.  I instead used short, quick pumps, which inflated the balloon slower, but in a more controlled manner.  This involved 20, 30 or more little pumps.  I'm still apprehensive about over-inflating the balloon and harming myself, even though I'm not sure if this is even possible with only 1 balloon.  As I see it, over-inflating will either a) pop the balloon or b) gag me, both of which I have already done and which caused no harm.  However, it is always best to trust one's instincts, so I will continue to proceed with caution.  I will try and inflate more as I become more comfortable with the treatment. 

D2:UML/R.  Again, pain and frustration due to balloon inflating inside the turbinates instead of the space in behind.  Changing balloons solved this.  I'm still trying to determine how much I should be inflating the cot.  At around 3:50 in the vid below you can hear how much air is released from the balloon.  This is significantly more than I have been inflating, so I will gradually work towards more inflation. 

Mild headache after treatment, behind my right eye.

D3=D1:  Still getting comfortable with inflating the balloon.  I used deeper pumps today, and even though I thought I was pumping a lot, not much air was released upon deflation.  I would inflate until my ears popped, then slowly keep inflating.  Often my ears would pop again.  I do not believe I am over-inflating as I am not usually gagging (I gagged once today, which I had not done since session 1). 

No post-treatment symptoms whatsoever so far.  No fatigue either for the first time.

Edit:  D4=D2:  The entire procedure was more comfortable today.  Again, inflating until ears popped, then deflation.  At this point it gets harder to pump, as I gather the balloon is pushing against my skull. 

No PT symptoms again or fatigue


How much inflation have people found to work?  Is the optimal amount of inflation to the point just before gagging?

How many times do people treat each turbinate each day?


Pages: [1] 2